Summers in full swing and now that the NBA Finals are officially done, sports are dead to me until the Fall. In a sense, it may be God telling me that I need to do something more productive with my leisure time. Here are some of my favorite stories I found while I was not watching the NBA finals….or this…
- Time management: How an MIT postdoc writes 3 books, a PhD defense, and 6+ peer-reviewed papers — and finishes by 5:30pm- An excellent read detailing how to plan time management effectively in your day.
- Worldviews and the Story of Bottled Water- If you would have told me that I would pay a couple bucks for bottled water 20 years ago, I would told you, you were out of your friggin’ mind. But somehow, those bottled water companies convinced me and I bought into their world view. For more insight into world views, you can go here. And here.
- How to Tell a True Story- When you first start reading this, it feels like a story. But ultimately what you are getting is a lesson in writing.
- Unicorn Maintenance & Website ROI- Andy Crestodina takes you through how he accounts for the “return” for his Unicorn Maintenance Business. Well, not really…but the formulas could help you understand ROI a little better.
- A Beekeeper’s Perspective on Risk- What can you learn from a Bee? Apparently…a lot.
- What Came First? The Silence or the Droid? Marriage and Gadgets- This warrants discussion…and possibly a support group.
- 22 Kick Ass Kettle Bell Exercises- Had to throw this in there. I have been working out a lot with kettle bells. Perhaps you should too.
In Case You Missed it: