- 25 Things to know about writing the first chapter of your novel- It doesn’t matter if you want to write a novel or a blog post, there are things on this list that could make you a better writer in general. And yeah, I personally believe that articles should be stories all to themselves. Now to make that happen….
- How to Serve up Brilliant Posts for Maximum Visibility (for Google +)- I’m on Google + and love the platform. But I have never much considered it for anything other than networking. This tutorial kind of helps wrap a strategy around Google +
- The Art of Leadership- Danny Brown originally shared this here but the full story was what I was after. In short, guy decides he wants to buy a Ford but is unhappy with the pitch of the salesman and requests a phone call with Ford’s CEO….and gets it.
- Maybe using LESS social media is the path to online success- Mark Shaeffer discusses the perils of social media in relation to shelf life and gives some better options to chase instead.
- Common e-Commerce Technical SEO Problems- Awesome tips involving SEO problems associated with eCommerce websites. And yes, I see these often as well. (those damn dynamic links)…
- You Can’t Fake Relevance in Social Media, Business or Life!- Scan this one if you must but make sure to check out the checklist of things that you should be asking when it comes to utilizing social media.
- Does Google Really Reward Quality, Original Content? An Interview With AsktheBuilder Tim Carter- Brilliant interview with the poster child of Adsense, Tim Carter, aka askthebuilder.com.
- Trailer Trash Sex Appeal: The Trick to Selling More- Ash, in her own, NSFW way, is a brilliant copyright and this article more than satisfies that claim.
In Case You Missed it-
Here are some articles on this website for the month that either got passed around a bit or that I personally liked. We can’t always hit home runs…but we can feel lucky when we affect one or two people every now and again.
- Understanding Your World View (part II)- An example of how your world view can be tailored to affect even the most competitive markets.
- Why Your Should Sink Your Options for Retreat- The story of Cortez and what he did to give himself (and his men) no option but to do what they had to do.
- Blogging to make money? Quit While You Are Ahead- More of a rant but it is absolutely amazing how the articles that are the easiest to write tend to be the ones that are most well received.
- What are Your Barriers to Entry?- In a sense, the world does revolve around what you know, who you know and what you give….