- Find Your Site’s Biggest Technical Flaws in 60 Minutes- Brilliant post by David Sottimano. If you want to see a huge gain in SEO and you haven’t paid attention to the basics, then this article is the perfect place to start. David keeps it stupid simple with canonicalization, redirects, and consistency in URL structures.
- How I increased my blog’s Search Traffic by 44% in under a month- I’m usually not too keen on these types of articles but Jason Acidre walks you through a “blueprint” of sorts for finding hidden traffic from existing content.
- How to write using the buddy system- Sometimes it isn’t enough to have an idea. Sometimes you need to have someone to help you walk through the idea and sort out your thoughts. This article discusses it.
- CSS Layout Properties for Noobies- If the idea of CSS makes you a tad nervous, this article will walk you through some of the basics.
- Designing for SEO- “Why do websites that look great nearly always have SEO that sucks?” This is the question that Justin Taylor at Graphitas asks. And there is a lot of truth to this. The disconnect between SEO’s and UX from a design perspective is immense but there are ways that you can merge the two into one happy sanctimonious marriage. This article discusses it.
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of World War II- So, what would it really be like to live in the woods for decades? This article examines a family in Russia that did just that. And the existance was not what you would imagine on the big screen.
- It is Science but not Rocket Science…a “manifesto” of sorts- Finally. A practical way to look at fitness and working out. Click it if you want to be functionally fit.
- A Former Goldman Banker Explains What It Really Means To Be Wealthy- What does it mean to be truly wealthy? If you were to ask a group of people, chances are very good, you would get several different answers. This banker has the better answer though- “I think wealthy means not so much having “F— You Money,” or reaching your “Number,” but rather having the option to choose work that you would do regardless of the level of compensation.”
Training Yourself- I was actually turned on to this blog by the zenhabits guys. Tynan discusses how to turn things into habits and how we tend to sabotage our efforts (it kind of brings my wife’s incessant desire to constantly try out new fad diets rather than attack her problems at the head)
Marketing Basics- Justin Whitaker talks about one of the keys to running a successful business. And no, there are no secrets here; just the basics.
- TWL #9 Re: Maintaining your Unicorn, Time Management and Why Maybe Bees Should Run Our Banking System
- TWL #19 Random Affinities, Self Promotion and eCommerce SEO with the Experts
- TWL #21 Tech Tools, Technical SEO and EgoBaiting for Outreach.
- TWL #24 Readability, Menu Mind Games, and the Talk About Pickles