- How to Lay the Groundwork for a Referral-Based Business- This is very near and dear to my heart as I run a referral based business (what’s funny is I know that people search for my business to see what the website looks like despite the fact that I don’t have a website…). Here are a list of tips that can get you started.
- If newspapers were run like CDBaby.com- This was an old article but it was one of those that really stuck out to me because old media really is hanging on tightly to what they had versus evolving into what is working now. On a complete side note, if you haven’t checked out Derek Siver’s website (original owner of CDBaby), you should.
- Search Engine Optimisation in BBC News- Journalistic Storytelling in print media is totally different from building headlines for ranking in search. This article explores the differences and gives some solid advice that is geared toward journalists and writers. For a completely different perspective from a guy who gets 200,000+ page views a month who is NOT a journalist and probably more like you, check out this article. Completely dumbed down SEO.
- Common Technical SEO Problems and How to Solve Them- Paddy Morgan goes over several very common SEO problems that goes beyond the “fix your title tag and get links” issues.
- Keyword Classification: Understanding The “Why” Of SEO- Shari Thurow talks a bit about understanding the why that goes into keyword queries or more particularly what is going on in the minds of those who search.
- How I Got an 80% Success Rate on My Latest Outreach Campaign- 1 word. EgoBait. It works. (As I told a client of mine yesterday, people love to look at themselves, talk about themselves and read stuff in which they are talked about. It ties into the Facebook tip I gave last week.
- 90+ Tech Tools to Help Manage Your Life- Jenny Blake shows you 90 tools that will either help you become more efficient or screw your life up even more than it already is (it could become a tech nightmare.)
- The First Guide to Hacked Link Building- We all know about building outreach through broken link prospect but Guiseppe Pastore takes it a stepped further….what about finding links that aren’t broken but are going to hacked websites?