Today is officially Penguin free and these are some links that I felt were noteworthy around the web this week….
- 10 Blog Conversion Tips From Derek Halpern- Derek has made a pretty big name for himself fairly quickly because he has a knack for website conversion advice. In fact, he regularly turns up on other websites with some free advice for improving their conversion rates. This is what he told Social Mouths.
- Animate Your Marketing- A little copywriting rag that I absolutely love. This article highlights the premise that in order to create good ad copy, it takes more than rather bland calls like “we provide good service”. The example Jeff uses is a Duncan Donuts commercial. Very good read and recommended.
- 5 Practical Tips on User Acquisition- The build and they will come philosophy is explored here. If your idea of search only marketing has blown up and you still have a hard time buying into social marketing, this should help you understand how to integrate it into your website.
- Pattern Break- Chris Brogan explores the patterns we call our lives and why we resort to them in the first place and why we should understand the patterns to break out of them.
- Why You are Lying to Yourself about Keyword Difficulty- Ross discusses how the assumptions we make about keyword competition is offbase. A good example he uses is with a particular loan term in which the major players of the market are adsent. A search marketer may think that this is a good keyword to invest in when in reality, their market share would dry up should the major players choose to enter.
- Why the Interest Graph is the Future of Social Commerce- A rather interesting take on the interest graph in relation to social commerce.
Do you have any links that you really liked this past week? If so, by all means, post them in the comment with a little paragraph on what they are about.
(Note: You are free to link to any article that you feel is good in the comments below BUT they can’t be a part of a website you own.)
No related posts.