TWL #13 The Tyranny of Category, Persuasive Stories, and Manipulation
- Six Characteristics of Highly Persuasive Stories- Marketers and Bloggers take note. There is nothing that converts better for you than a well written story…stories are more effective at changing emotional beliefs that logical arguments have difficulty reaching
- 5 Quick Highend Local Marketing Strategies Any Small Business Can Put into Play Today- One of the high end strategies Matthew Hunt recommends that I have personally used that works really well is the “check in” strategy. And then there are 4 more really good ones as well.
- The tyranny of category- “In some cultures there is a tyranny of taxonomy. Nothing can be done without being categorized first. And that categorization limits the potential of the idea or the person since in a rigidly taxonomic environment, moving between categories is not allowed.” Here’s the real problem with blueprints
- The Untold Story Behind Kickstarter Stats- This actually part II of an article about kickstarter and the realities of starting a kickstarter project. Jeanne teamed up with Professor Ethan Mollick to figure out the difference between a successful and not successful projects.
- How to Manipulate People For Fun (and Profit)- The secret? Outrage + [the little something else] = Massive Traffic
- 19 Thoughts About Finding Your Purpose- Julien Smith shares 19 very smart thoughts about finding purpose…well, he calls them thoughts but I would call them personal mantras to living a better life.
- Understanding the Mobile App Marketing Culture- I actually linked to this yesterday in my “shovels” article but it is so good, that it deserves to be mentioned. For anyone who is thinking about creating their own mobile application.